The website of La Cubilla welcomes and encourages you to know it. Come and enjoy the best days of your life in a happy enjoyable stay with your family and friends.
The house enjoys a privileged and a strategic geographical location in the centre of Andalusia. It is in the border town of Carcabuey, located below the Sierras Subbéticas of the natural park south of Córdoba.
Location and distances
You will find La Cubilla only just 1-1.30 hours from the main towns of Andalusia.
– 90 km. from Córdoba: La Mezquita, La Judería, etc.
– 80 km. from Jaén: El Castillo, Alcázar, etc.
– 82 km. from Granada: La Alhambre, Sierra Nevada, Albaicín, etc.
– 220 km. from Sevilla: La Giralda, Reales Alcázares, barrio de Triana, etc.
– 120 km. from Málaga: Picasso Museum, Alcázar, Castillo Gribralfaro, etc.
– 220 km. from Cádiz: La Caleta, Torre Oscura, Barrio La Viña, etc.
How to get here?
Look at our home page and click on maps. There is a link to find the best journey to La Cubilla.
Old restored farmhouse built in 1915 for our family, the Romeros, who have carried out several restorations with love and affection and now we offer a beautiful house.
It has 2 floor and is constructed of stone with wooden .rafters, the walls are 50 cm. thick that hold the heat in winter and in summer keep it cool.
Welcoming and fully equipped, it recreates a typical Andalusian house not missing any detail, the decoration combines comfort and quality. Surrounded by the peaks of the sierra and large areas of olives, an ideal place to enjoy the indisputable beautiful views.
Inside the accommodation
Lounge: very spacious, equipped with a large wooden table as well as a set of chairs and matching furniture, comfortable rocking chairs of cane and a sofa. There is a colour television (with satellite dish), radio cassette player and table games.
Kitchen diner: with a splendid chimney breast surrounded by comfortable seats where one can enjoy the warmth and unbeatable setting tasting caldos and migas (typical andalucean dishes). Drink a liqueur and realax after having a meal. The kitchen is fully equipped with food mixer, refrigerator, gas water heater, microwave, toaster, fruit squeezer, oven, etc., in addition to a large selection of kitchen equipment.
Larder and washroom: washing machine, iron. There is still a preserved antique stone sink for washing by hand.
Bathrooms: 2 complete bathrooms with baths and showers, hair dryer and heating.
Bedrooms: 5 large and beautiful bedrooms for relaxing on comfortable mattresses and sleeping all the night in complete harmony and silence.
Museum: You can enjoy and get to know a room decorated with farm equipment and family antiques.
Corners and Alcoves: There are beautiful alcoves where one can rest and enjoy reading.
Terraces: 2 immense terraces with various sunny spots.
Garden: with great colours in the spring, with indigenous flowers and typical of Andalusia.
Barbecue: large and convenient barbecue for sampling the taste of food, with tasty meals, sardines…
Swimming pool: beautiful swimming pool relaxing with a refreshing bathe; sunbathe on loungers; lie down and relax in large shady areas. It has a toilet.
Promenades: in front and behind the house, with swing and large area for the children to play.
Parking: sufficient for 5 cars.
Tearoom: below an ancient walnut tree you can enjoy and relax in a tearoom (Spanish style), drinking the natural water of an ancient well.
Nature and the Natural Park
La Cubilla is surrounded by nature and inside the Natural Park tucked away in the south east of the province of Córdoba enclosed by the river Guadalquivir.
It has an area of 31.568 hectares of exceptional countryside and ecology. It is part of the limestone mountain range of Béticas.
Surrounding and Activities
The area is ideal for mountain biking, walking, hang gliding, potholing, cycling, climbing, mountaineering 4X4 routes, etc.
The surrounding area invites you to take trips into the completely natural flora and fauna. View points and sanctuaries, riverside woods and springs. We can inform you at the accommodation of the different excursions and activities.
Visiting the countryside and local villages
It is a place to pass time, relax and enjoy the activities in the fresh air, enjoy what environment as well as your friends.
Visit the nearer villages: with their fountains, arabic areas, white villages, museums, baroque churches, castles, beautiful places, cultural routes, wine growing, astronomy, archiology.
– Monuments: Cabra, Lucena, Priego de Córdoba.
– Picturesque. Carcabuey, Zuheros, Luque.
– Peaceful: Iznajar, Doña Mencia, Rute, Almedinilla.
A town that is brilliantly white, the origins of which are founded on the romans conquest of the arabs. Passing through as the streets you can see old houses, gracious chapels and a good mixture of religions, renaissance, and baroque buildings. And if you want to have an almost aerial view, you should go to the ruins of the old castle, on top of a near hill.
– 5th January: Procession of the 3 Wise Men. Spectacular complete antique coaches for people of the town, attracting visitors from other locations.
– March-April: Easter week, Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Pascua de los moraos, the final carnival of Spain in the year, famous for its bands of street musicians, town criers, and fancy dress. This carnival is of international tourist interest.
– June: They celebrate a picturesque fiesta of Christ in that the neighbours decorate the street along which the procession passes, making carpets of imaginative designs. This result in agreeable and highly colourful.
– 16-17th of August. Grand fair. Various boothes, dancers, gypsy costumes highly coloured.
– At the end of August: Fiesta of the Virgin of Aurora. Coronation of queers and ladies, street parties, processions and the enjoyment of being able to run in the “Toro de Cuesta” where bulls are let loose through the main streets.
– 7 and 8th of September: Fiestas of the patron saint the Virgen del Castillo. Beautiful procession, approached with fervour, diverse activities.
In all of these days you will feel welcome, whilst enjoying the best food typical of the area; potajes.
We have 10-14 places available (14 people max) in bedrooms distributed as follows:
– 3 doubles (6 people)
– 1 with 2 single beds (2 people)
– A large studio that comprises
– 1 double (2 people)
– 1 large room with furniture; round table, set of chairs and sofa bed (2 supplementary places)
– 1 splendid museum/bedroom with double bed (2 people)
Useful information (totally free)
– Electric radiator heating in all rooms and bathrooms.
– Logs for the fire and barbecue
– Light, water, maintenance of the gardens and cleaning of the pool
– Bed clothes and linen (sheets will be changed every week)
– Complete towels for the bathrooms. For individual use for minimum 7 day stay. Consult
– Electric light,….., natural water from the well, waste paper baskets in all areas. Accommodation totally integrated into the natural environment.
– Animals: we always allow small domestic pets. Consult us before.
– Cot: Antique wooden cots available. Consult us before.